This course is designed to introduce the principles and equipment involved in Fall Protection.
Every year on average thousands workers die from falling world wide. Many accidents can be avoided through training and appropriate equipment selection.
This course is the foundation for all our courses and is in line with the requirements for working at height.
Our aim is to train personnel to a level which will allow them to maintain and enhance current levels of professionalism, competence and safety existent. It is also to promote fall protection as an integral part of the modern multi-disciplined workforce.
- Current work at height legislation
- Principles and fall protection equipment
- Falling and impact forces
- Risk assessment and planning
- Selection and equipment knowledge
- Inspection and maintenance of equipment
- Management of equipment
Who will benefit
Anyone that is involved in purchasing, maintaining, creating procedures and working at height will benefit from this course. This includes management, supervisors and safety officers.
The course is also a requirement by law before anyone works at height.
- This course consists of two parts, part one, the morning is full lectures and practical demonstrations.
- In the afternoon after lunch we switch from the classroom to a hands-on session.
- Upon successful completion of the course, the candidate will be issued a certificate of competence valid for three years.
This course is delivered over a one-day period and can be delivered at the client’s premises.